What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

```Store: DE | Environment: development Creating Database RuntimeException - Exception: createdb: er

U0248GM8SUD
U0248GM8SUD Posts: 9 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
Store: DE | Environment: development
Creating Database
RuntimeException - Exception: createdb: error: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  role "root" does not exist

in /home/sqli/Desktop/work/learning/sprker/b2c-demo-shop/vendor/spryker/propel/src/Spryker/Zed/Propel/Business/Model/PropelDatabase/Adapter/PostgreSql/CreatePostgreSqlDatabase.php (133)

Command: vendor/bin/console propel:install
where can i update my database role i tried updating it in deploy.dev.yml but nothing changed

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Could you please bring more context and background?
    What are the steps to reproduce here?
    Are you just trying to setup demo shop with docker/sdk?
    Or have you changed something already?

• Valerii Trots

Did you run docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml after your changes in the deploy file?

• U0248GM8SUD

yes i've already created a new module, when i tried to install it's schema first I got error that createdb command does not exist, i logged into PostgreSQL container and installed it now i get role root doesn't exist when i try to create it PostgreSQL rejects it so I created a new one called spryker but I can't determine where the PostgreSQL credentials are saved, i changed them in deploy.dev.yml nothing changed

• Valerii Trots

So docker/sdk prepares\installs DB container based on credentials from deploy.file and when you change anything in the deploy file you need to run docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml. But I'm not sure it will help you.
    Logging in to DB container isn't and doing something there directly isn't the normal workflow I believe. I'm not sure what could go wrong here.

• U0248GM8SUD
    edited June 2021

well the error before i logged into it was createdb command not found so I don't know how can a PostgreSQL container be installed without PostgreSQL

• Valerii Trots

createdb command not found means something else and has to be fixed in the first place.

• that is correct. and we need to help find this other thing 🙂

• @U0248GM8SUD, please never manually change anything in the containers, or only if you are 100% aware of what you are doing

• let us go step by step

• so after cloning the b2c demoshop, bootstrapping it, and upping the env the above error appears, correct @U0248GM8SUD?

• U0248GM8SUD