What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, i noticed that there is a new version of the module “category” i tried to update. It is 5.0 b

2»

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

https://documentation.spryker.com/docs/about-migration-integration# has Feature IGs and Module MGs. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Valerii Trots
    edited February 2021

And you are talking about MG from a module to a feature it seems - https://documentation.spryker.com/docs/migration-guide-auth-module-to-securitygui-module.

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

But B2C and B2B Product are spryker official products or not? Then I expect also a MG for this ones, considering that the promised release every quartal has just become yearly..

Yes u are right.. this is an example.

• Valerii Trots

@UJ8Q2T36E are you able to share your thoughts here please? 🙂

• giovanni.piemontese

@valerii.trots any news about the product migration guide? Thanks in advance.

• Valerii Trots

Do you mean migration guides for features?
    @UJ8Q2T36E?

• giovanni.piemontese

Yes. for actual B2B Product (202009.0). Thanks

• Valerii Trots

@jeremy.fourna do you know why don't we have migration guides for features then?

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Because migration only happen at the module level, Integration guide are updated every product release when its modules get new majors. The current idea it is stip the project of the feature when migrating it and put back the feature after the migration is done.

We do not have migration guide as the suite level only module and integration guide at the feature /module level.

• giovanni.piemontese

Ok. But you know that product release happened 1/year instead as scheduled 4/year? We cannot wait 1 year to upgrade some feature otherwise we have a lot of migration/adaption/changes etc in one time.

As said: B2C and B2B are official Spryker Products and as Customer that paid 100K/Year i expected migration guides for every feature independently of product release since all the roadmaps and promises on this have not been kept for over a year now.

Last B2B Releases (for our project started at Juni 2019):
    • August 2019
    • Januar 2020
    • September 2020
    in ca. 2 Year only 3 Releases, instead 6 or more..

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Thank you for your feedback, we will see what we can do to ease migrations until we go back 4/year release. Could you send in DM your project composer.json and .lock to see in Jarvis what it your state and how we can help you and other customers.

• giovanni.piemontese

I will send u asap..
    It is up to date at start of this month. We try to update weekly and everything... But we have every time to take a look at suite changes, adapt it with our pyz changes, test (of course) everything without to know if we are missing something (due missing migration guide etcc..) and every migration is done alone and with our effort.. but it is not the right way about me, since they are official products from spryker and we want with less effort to stay up to date and walk together with every update released...