What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone. My team is working on updating our version of Spryker to the latest release. We've enco

UPCDTRSJH
UPCDTRSJH Posts: 16 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi everyone. My team is working on updating our version of Spryker to the latest release. We've encountered some issues specifically with the FE build tools.

First: We encountered an issue with memory when using npm run yves:watch, on file change we see:

Ineffective mark-compacts near heap limit Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory

We've tried to address this by upgrading Node to 12.12.0 though Spryker does not seem to be compatible with this version. Has anyone else encountered the issue?

Second: The first build from npm run yves:watch succeeds but is very slow and takes many minutes. The webpack config seems to separate tasks now for each store; our site has 6+ stores configured and this makes this impractical for development. Does anyone have a fix for this slowness or recommendations for us to try?

Comments

• since when are you back at inviqa? 😊

• do you run inside or outside of your dev environment?

• like docker/vagrant or locally?

• is it a dev system problem or also stage/prod?

• UPCDTRSJH

Ohai! A year and a half now. It's as if I never left. 😅 (Surprised you remember me!)

• UPCDTRSJH

We have a Docker set up locally and we're running the yves tasks within the container.

• UPCDTRSJH

We've only tried this locally – it's the last piece of the puzzle before we can get this upgrade merged in and tested on a staging env.

• as for the performance you probably have more clue about npm than i have

• the watch you probably only run on your dev environments anyway

• Unknown
    edited October 2019

but we can not assume that everyone has the tools (in the required version) on their host machines, right?

• generally the recommendations was to run it outside of the vm/container, if possible

• UPCDTRSJH

This was one of the reasons we opted to run it in the container: a known environment with all the required dependencies. The other reason was issues with caching.

• UPCDTRSJH

When this release was being tested, were there sites with multiple stores to test against?

• i hope so 🙂

• is it the spryker docker env or a custom one?

• what do you use for syncing?

• how much memory and cpu cores are available for docker?

• so many questions 😊

• UPCDTRSJH

Pulling @UKEP86J66 to advise on some of the env questions I'll just need to ask him anyway. 😄

• UKEP86J66
    UKEP86J66 Posts: 208 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I don't think it is an issue of resourcing.

• UPCDTRSJH

Docker env: 6 CPUs / 6 GB memory.

• UKEP86J66

Before the upgrade it was fine, so we want to understand what is consuming the extra resource.

• UKEP86J66

As our shop has many stores, we suspect that is a factor

• well, this would of course be a factor, but does it impact to that extend is the question 🤔

• do you have numbers for comparison?

• UPCDTRSJH
    edited October 2019

Hi! I'll be returning to this issue this afternoon and will see if I can get some numbers. 👍

• UPCDTRSJH

This afternoon has turned into tomorrow. I'll be in touch.

• no sweat 😊