Moving to SymfonyMailer

ivan-jurisic
ivan-jurisic Posts: 25 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited February 26 in Spryker Development

After I moved from current Mailer to SymfonyMailer for mail sending, I've occured a problem with AWS parameters on staging and prod.

Locally with mailcatcher it works as supposed, but when I deploy it to STAGE and try I get this:

```
Symfony\Component\Mailer\Exception\TransportException - Connection could not be established with host "ssl://email-smtp.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com:587": stream_socket_client(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:0A00010B:SSL routines::wrong version number
```

I managed to work around it with setting a SMT_ENCRYPTION to empty string, but I am interested what is the proper way and what am I missing?

Comments

• ivan-jurisic

Hey Mikko, thanks for the answer. I figured it out in the last week, but forgot to post it here. Indeed, that was the exact solution. I appreciate it.

• victor.vanherpt
    victor.vanherpt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 55 🪐 - Explorer

yep, we also had to figure this out, changing the port also solved it for us.

Maybe Spryker infra/Docker Sdk should be more aware of those things? (and feature migration doc as well, of course!)

• ivan-jurisic

I think yes, it's not so nice when you have to figure out is it a wrong implementation or something else. This sounds like a straightforward thing to be done, and it could be included in the documentation, somewhere. Especially when you need to update Spryker environment variable which you can't do on your own, it does make sense that you are aware of that.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey,

I am glad to see how well you helped out each other! 💪

I forwarded the feedback of the missing information to the dedicated team - I totally get your point!

All the best,

Florian