Product-Relation Update taking very long

m.schmidt
m.schmidt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 3 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited October 2023 in Spryker Development

Hello fellow Sprykees,

we are currently investigating an issue in a customer-project.
The Jenkins job "product-relation:update" is taking ~11 hours, up from was previously ~5 hours, which is still a long runtime considering no problems in other projects.

The command wasn't overwritten, other than 2 indexes on "fk_product_abstract" and "fk_product_relation_type".

Did anyone else encounter similiar issues and could help?

Tagged:

Comments

• ynnoig
    ynnoig Spryker Customer Posts: 13 ✨ - Novice

A known problem and communicated for approx. 4 years to Spryker but nothing has been improved. The only thing I recommend is to optimize the business logic with bulk and CTE and no more..

There are several other problems in Feature Product-Relation:

• missing indexes
    • really trivial logic that only works with a couple hundred items but not with millions of items (e.g. the is_rebuild_scheduled flag is catastrophic logic)
    • and maybe propel just doesn't seem to be suitable for this kind of massive operations in db
    • etc.

What I suggest you change right away is precisely how the is_rebuild_scheduled flag works. Then it depends on whether you have dynamic query sets or well-defined sku lists. On that depends a bit!

• m.schmidt
    m.schmidt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 3 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

@ynnoig Thank you very much for the suggestions!

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey,

for better visibility i'll move this topic into the general Spryker category and out of the development environment sub-category :)

All the best,

Florian